In light of the coronavirus (Covid-19) outbreak, we've been following government guidelines closely and carefully. Our priority is the health and wellbeing of both our customers and professionals, so we have taken the decision to close for customer bookings from March 23 - May 1. We know that this will impact the livelihoods of our freelance beauty professionals and we're doing everything that we can to support them through this challenging time.
The purpose of this article is to keep you well informed of the measures we have in place for our professionals. As the government guidelines continue to be updated so frequently, we will be constantly updating our measures in line with this.
We're ensuring each and every one of our professionals is well informed and knows how to best keep themselves and their families safe:
- We're keeping in touch regularly with our community of professionals with the latest government and health guidelines
- We're checking in with every beauty professional over the phone to provide personalised support
- We have temporarily suspended all in-person community events and training to adhere to the government's social distancing advice and we’re rolling out video conferences to keep our community connected
- We've provided detailed guidance and education on handwashing, tool sanitisation and kit cleaning technique, in line with our health and safety measures, to allow our pros to prepare for getting back to work
We're providing our professionals with the resources and guidance they need to understand the financial support available to them:
- We're helping them claim support through benefit systems, such as Universal Credit and the Employment and Support Allowance (ESA) which the government have now made available from day one. We're providing one to one, personalised support to help our professionals navigate through this system
- We offer our professionals the opportunity to purchase kits or training on payment plans with monthly instalments - these have all now been placed on hold and no further payments will be taken for the period we are closed for customer bookings
- We’re working with our most active professionals to provide bespoke financial support
- We will create 'returning to work' plans with our professionals to ensure they have the support they need to come back to work after our period of temporary closure